Elim Men’s Ministry
A forum for Christian men to meet, fellowship and address relevant issues and concerns. Their “Iron Sharpening Iron” motto means men strengthening and sharpening spiritual skills together. The ministry meets as a general assembly for monthly breakfasts, and prayer; weekly prayer; conducts an annual retreat; provides Easter Sunday breakfast and the annual church picnic.
We exist to increase the level of spirituality in the men of the church.
- To be the men that God calls us to be, it is critical that we encourage other men just as “Iron sharpens Iron”.
- To be creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ and to seek God’s will daily.
- To help men establish Christ-centered lives that show in all their relationships.
- To establish small groups designed to provide a responsible support network while holding each man accountable to and for each other.
- To support one another, each Christian brother must “lock shields” with other Christian brothers.
- To teach personal evangelism, commitment to discipleship, the role of men in society and the support of ministries within Elim.
Annual Men’s Retreat
The Annual ECF Men’s Retreat is usually held during the third week of September. Men come together for fellowship, prayer, workshops, recreation, and teachings from the Pastor and special guests. An invitation to attend is extended to the Prince William community.
Easter Sunrise Service Breakfast
Each year the Men’s Ministry prepare and serve breakfast to the ECF Church family after the Annual Sunrise Service. Members are able to pray and fellowship prior to the regular Easter Service. This is becoming a popular event for the ECF Church family.
Annual Church Cookout
In August of each year, the Men’s Ministry sponsor the ECF Annual Church Cookout. This is a fun event where families come together to play games, fellowship, eat good food, and share in the abundance of God’s good works.